All of our diversity, equity, and inclusion workshops and programs can be delivered virtually, offering a safe and powerful way to ensure your employees stay engaged and committed to creating an inclusive culture, whether remote or in person.
Virtual workshops allow for your remote and distributed teams to log in and learn together, in an engaging and interactive way, from the comfort of their own homes or offices. The virtual experience allows for one-on-one support through the use of video, visuals, audio, breakouts, and chat. Given the unprecedented shift in how we work, we have a number of clients who are transitioning their in-person workshops to a virtual format and delivery. We have extensive experience in delivering programming in an effective and informative manner virtually.
- We’ve delivered live virtual workshops since 2017.
- Session sizes range from as few as 5 to as many as 50 attendees per session.
- All training sessions are private, password-protected, and invite-only, with only the facilitator allowed to share their screen. However, should you be more comfortable with your preferred technology platform, we are happy to work with you to use the technology of your choice.
- In order to have engaging sessions, we can create breakout groups and small discussion groups in advance or on the fly. We are able to mix it up so attendees get face time with a variety of their peers. This allows for us to support attendees having more intimate conversations with coworkers, and avoid a lecture-style delivery.
- Any given virtual workshop time is limited to no more than two hours at a time. This alleviates attendees from having to watch a screen for long stretches of time, and allows us to build in activities to keep people interested and learning in between sessions.
- Sessions feature live polling and chat features for a variety of communication channels. This allows for greater involvement during sessions, since there are more opportunities for attendees to share. Attendees can chat and share information between themselves and with the facilitator during the workshop.
- All virtual workshops feature the same visual materials that are used in an in-person workshop. All virtual workshops also feature a workbook, which is shared with attendees before the session takes place. Attendees also will receive detailed instructions on how to access the workshop, how to prepare, and best practices, so everyone is familiar with the platform before the workshop starts. Attendees also have access to workbook files, a glossary of terms, resource links, videos, and any other materials that might be needed or associated with the session.
- Every virtual session is recorded, so in case anyone has difficulty connecting or needs to drop off early, they can review and rewatch at a later time. The session recording will also include an audio transcript and the chat transcript, for additional ease of accessibility.
“We reached out to She+ Geeks Out to discuss collaborating on unconscious bias training. After speaking with Carolyn about the details of the training, we decided an in-person training with SGO was the best fit for us. Our company employs a few remote employees and it was important for us to make sure they were able to attend the training. Carolyn and our facilitator, Felicia, were so flexible, and after discussing a few ways to host the training, we moved forward with a live virtual training via Zoom. During the training, Felicia was wonderful, warm, engaging, and we got lots of positive feedback about her. The training itself was informative, with the content being easy to follow. We appreciated the examples Felicia used to highlight subjects like equity and microaggressions. Our team appreciated the scenarios they were given to work through in breakout groups and our biggest piece of feedback was more time for the scenarios. Additionally, the workbook SGO provided for the training was amazing! It was full of great content for our team to continue their education around unconscious bias and diversity, equity, and inclusion. It hasn’t even been a month since our unconscious bias training, but we’re already discussing the other trainings we can collaborate with She+ Geeks Out with. Keep up the great and important work!”Pooja Samuel, People Operations, mabl
Ready to learn more? Complete the below form and we’ll be in touch shortly!