Our mission is to abolish inequity in the workplace. We aim to achieve this by taking a holistic approach. We provide tech and tech-adjacent womxn and their allies an opportunity to network and connect with each other as well as with companies who wish to hire them. At the same time, we support companies in their diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts by providing them with the knowledge, skills, and tools to create an inclusive environment, in a safe and welcoming space.
What We Do
Building communities of passionate womxn
Meet Alexandra Roth, former opera singer, current software engineer, lover of beer and power lifting. Learn more.
Educating companies on diversity, equity, inclusion
Watch a video trailer of one of our workshops on how to recruit and hire inclusively. Learn more.
What is a geek?
A geek, according to the Merriam Webster Dictionary, is “a person who is very interested in and knows a lot about a particular field or activity.”
We love this word because it emphasizes learning, curiosity and passion. And what we’ve found since we began this group is that we attract geeks in the truest sense of the word. We can be honest, silly, make mistakes, explore, learn, and educate others because we are supported by a community that understands.
We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated fairly and truly feels a sense of belonging. We believe that helping companies create an inclusive culture is a step towards leveling the playing field. This also means that it starts with us first! We are a certified B Corp and encourage you to learn more about what that is. We are looking to work with people who understand our values, and who aim to embody them.
- Curiosity – Just because we facilitate workshops doesn’t mean that we have all the answers. We are ever-evolving and remain committed to being curious about how we can be an inclusive company, particularly as we grow. We understand that learning is never a finite process, not for our clients and not for ourselves, and we welcome every opportunity to seek deeper understanding, even in our areas of expertise.
- Fairness – Not everyone starts from the same place in life, so equal treatment for all doesn’t necessarily mean equitable treatment for all. That means that we need to continuously evaluate individuals’ circumstances so that we can identify and meet everyone’s specific needs in order for them to be successful.
- Intentionality – We believe that being aware and intentional about our actions is the key to creating a more inclusive world. Slowing down can have a tremendously positive impact on small interactions that can lead to powerful ripple effects and lasting change.
- Compassion – As much as our work may be logistical and analytical, seeking equity is deeply connected with human emotions and our belief in every person’s common humanity. We believe the work we do requires us to be genuine in our understanding of the perspectives and experiences of each person, especially those from historically marginalized groups.
- Transparency – We value being transparent with our team, our community, our partners, and our clients. This means sharing the not-so-pretty parts as well as our successes. We own up to our imperfections, and we accept that like everyone, we are never finished growing. We also hope to create space for others to share their most authentic selves, allowing for deeper and more meaningful connections for us all.