Our mission is to empower womxn in the workplace and educate, promote, and support diverse and inclusive companies and organizations. We aim to achieve this by taking a holistic approach. We provide tech and tech-adjacent womxn and their allies an opportunity to network and connect with each other as well as with companies who wish to hire them. At the same time, we support companies in their diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts by providing them with the knowledge, skills, and tools to create an inclusive environment, in a safe and welcoming space.
What We Do
Run events for tech and tech-adjacent womxn
- We run networking events, professional development events, happy hours, and career-focused events.
- Our events are virtual and in-person.
- Events average 80-100 attendees and tend to sell out.
- We are fortunate to be booked out with sponsorships about a year in advance.
- We have incredible sponsors, largely but not exclusively from the tech industry.
- We’ve been running events since 2013, originally as Boston Girl Geek Dinners, but we changed our name and rebranded in Spring 2015.
- The goal for many companies who sponsor our events are to meet incredible people they may want to hire and to align themselves with a womxn-run and focused organization.
Offer corporate training programs
- We offer diversity, equity, and inclusion programming on a variety of topics, in a variety of virtual and in-person delivery formats.
- Our programming is engaging, thoughtful, and action-oriented, designed specifically for a workplace context, and led by experienced facilitators on a variety of topics and areas.
- Content is tailored to the individual needs of our clients, and is customized to be industry-specific.
- When we talk about diversity, we’re talking about all types of diversity– not just race and gender, but age, ability, class, and more.
- Our workshops are delivered in a non-judgmental space, and offer practical strategies that attendees can implement immediately.
- SGO is a SHRM recertification provider.
Additional offerings for the community
5/9/2020 – B Local Boston Coping With COVID Feature: She+ Geeks Out
5/7/2020 – Insight Data Science How to prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion when hiring
11/19/2019 – eightfold.ai Employers Are Embracing Inclusion, and It’s Changed Candidate Interviews
9/16/2019 – Fast Company 6 Concrete Ways to Make Your Office More Gender Equitable
8/17/2019 – Crunchbase News Proust Goes Tech with Rachel Murray, The Co-Founder of She+ Geeks Out
7/21/2019 – Businesses with Stories Profile: She Geeks Out
10/25/2018 – The Boston Globe 5 ways to erase the gender gap at work
7/24/2018 – Fast Company A 10-Step Guide to Queer UX
7/17/2018 – Women 2.0 Tips for Hiring Women in Tech From a Female CEO Who Had Trouble Hiring Women in Tech
5/29/2018 – Boston Business Journal Survey: Men more likely than women to see Boston tech firms as diverse
1/4/2018 – Wired How to Buck the Brogrammer Culture and Get Women Into STEM
12/27/2017 – BostInno 6 Boston Tech & Startup Podcasts to Check Out
11/10/2017 – Boston Globe It’s not your grandmother’s conversation on the gender gap
4/20/2017 – GDH Consulting Expert Interview Series: Rachel Murray of She Geeks Out on Increasing Diversity in STEAM Careers
3/20/2017 – Daily Free Press She Geeks Out emphasizes cultural, gender diversity in workplace
3/9/2017 – ReferralMob Hiring for Diversity: A Step By Step Guide.
2/22/2017 – CloudTNT Podcast When you want to be an archivist, but the webmaster leaves.
2/10/2017 – Change Catalyst Diversity & Inclusion Leader Spotlight: Rachel Murray From She Geeks Out
10/22/2016 – BostInno 5 Things to Put In Your Job Description to Hire Great Women
10/21/2016 –People Stack Podcast Episode 9: Felicia Jadczak & Rachel Murray from She Geeks Out geek out and talk about building SGO
8/31/2016 –Metroactive Elephant in the Valley: Silicon Valley Study Exposes Tech Misogyny
8/11/2016 – Reigning It Women Who Reign: Felicia Jadczak
4/16/2016 – The Daily Free Press Tech event encourages businesswomen in STEM
12/13/2015 – Greenhorn Connect Startup Spotlight: She Geeks Out
8/31/2015 –BostInno Who Runs the [Startup] World? It’s Complicated
8/10/2015 –BostInno Inside the Evolution of Boston’s Fast-Growing Community for Female Professionals
4/10/2015 – Science Club for Girls Femme in STEM: Finding a Formula Featured in video documentary (YouTube video preview)
10/31/2014 –103.3 Amp Radio Loren’s Badass Chick of the Week- 103.3